AIM: To provide support for individuals living with advanced cancer, their families and carers, in Egypt.
- To promote a high standard of care and support in order to enhance patients’ and their families’ quality of life.
- To promote attention to all palliative needs of the patient, whether these be physical, psychological, social or financial.
- To promote multi-professional team working to ensure full support, care and advice are provided at the day centres and at home.
- To provide support for the professional carers and the volunteers.
- To provide training for the multi-professional teams locally and in the UK where required.
- To encourage networking between the centres, and support conferences to share practice and enhance learning.
- To encourage the establishment of more palliative care centres in areas where there is little or no access to palliative care.
- To provide financial support to the palliative care centres where appropriate.
- To collaborate with other organisations and work towards the establishment of a national association of palliative care in Egypt.
Lynne Potter 2015